Thursday 16 January 2014

The Improveometre

So, my last post discussed attending Meg Maples' Masterclass painting clinic. Since then I have been inspired and have spent a great deal of time at my painting desk. One of my current projects is a Nippon Goblin team (by Greebo). I had, before the class, painted the skin areas of one of the Oni Trolls for this team and was a little bit disappointed with it. Over the last couple of nights I decided I would start the other one and see what could be done...

Well it is incredible. The difference is overwhelmingly obvious, which the depth of shading and smoothness of blending improving out of sight.


It's a very satisfying comparison which, IMO, completely justifies the money spent on the class and the brushes I am now using.

Let me know what you think and, if you get the chance, go and enrol in one of Meg's classes before she leaves Australia (or, if you live OS, enrol when/if she comes close).

No comments:

Post a Comment